DeskTime is a modern automatic time tracking software that helps the business organization to enlarge growth and productivity. As no application is 100% effective and advantageous, DeskTime has some drawbacks too. For that reason, you may search for the DeskTime alternatives.
We will provide some of the best alternatives of DeskTime with their detailed descriptions, pros, and cons. So, stick to the end. You will get some valuable information about your quest.
Before moving to the alternatives, let’s talk about some advantages and disadvantages of DeskTime.
- The timesheet is very useful. It shows two reports side-by-side. You can customize the date for each of the reports. It is beneficial for self-motivation and self-practice.
- The productivity bar is helpful for productivity analysis.
- The screenshots can be blurred to secure the privacy of the user.
- The project and task tracking are easy and beneficial.
- The app is complex to use. It has many features, but some important ones like projects and screenshots need to enable to use.
- There is no alert or notification system.
- The features for employee monitoring is not sufficient because it has no keystroke tracker and GPS location tracker.
There are Top 11 alternatives to DeskTime that we are going to explore. They are-
- Time Doctor
If you search for a fast, explicit, and affordable alternative of Desktime, Apploye is here for you. This app is helpful for time tracking, employee monitoring, and scheduling. You can detect the roadblocks on the way of your target and can eliminate them with Apploye.
You can apply it to your office premises, remote workers, freelancers as well as the outdoor employees. It will give you the exact data you need to run your business smoothly.
- Time tracking- automatic with the start/stop timer, offline tracking, and manual time entry.
- Online timesheet- customizable, daily, weekly, bi-weekly, and monthly records.
- Employee monitoring- screenshots, activity tracking, apps, and URLs tracking.
- GPS tracker- location tracking, tracking the attendance of outdoor employees.
- Employee scheduling- managing shifts, holidays, and leave tracking.
- Payroll- easy invoice and billing, pay in hours, or a one-time payment.
- Project and task- project hours tracking, team, and project progress mapping.
- Deployment- Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, and Chrome extension.
- The dashboard is well organized with essential features. You can check all the important information about your organization and employees at a glance.
- The timesheet is pretty detailed that contains daily, weekly, bi-weekly, and monthly time entries. You can customize the timesheet as your preference.
- It helps to plan and shift the duties within a few seconds by the employee scheduling features. You can synchronize all of your employees no matter where they are.
- You can get access to the hassle-free reporting system. It shows the most required reports on time and activity, URL and app usage, payroll, etc.
- You can not export the reports.
- It has no iOS application yet.
- The integrations are very limited.
- Solo: $4 per person per month
- Standard: $5 per person per month
- Premium: $6 per person per month
- Elite: $7 per person per month
Why do you choose Apploye over Desktime?
DeskTime is undoubtedly a useful application in the field of time tracking and productivity monitoring. But to some extent, it has some drawbacks stated above, which is undeniable.
As Apploye can eliminate those drawbacks and give you some extra benefits, it can be considered one of the perfect DeskTime Alternatives. Let’s check this out.
Ease of use: Apploye is super easy to setup. You can get all the features that are well organized with a smart dashboard. Apploye dashboard is straightforward and has essential analytics in a single frame.
Feature support: The features of Apploye are perfect for employee monitoring and productivity analysis. Unlike DeskTime, there needs no other setting system to enable the features.
Employee monitoring: Apploye has a GPS location tracker to track the employees working outside of the office. You can get precise information on where and when your employees stay during office time.
It also tracks the keystroke and measures productivity precisely.
Reports: The reports of Apploye is more comprehensible, versatile, and easy to understand.
Pricing: If you compare the pricing, Apploye is more reasonable than DeskTime.
Timing helps you to hold up focus without distracting on start/stop timer. It can successfully replace Desktime.
It is a smart option to track and review your time and productivity. You can see a full record of what you have worked. The simple drag-and-drop option eases your work.
- Time tracking- automatic tracking, manual hours tracking,
- Monitoring- document-based tracking, activity tracking, screen time,
- Reports- sophisticated reporting, timesheet,
- Integrations- calendar integration, Zapier, etc.
- Deployment- Mac, iOS, and Web.
- It can automatically detect the blocks of time.
- The colored timeline and automatic task categorization are fantastic.
- The productivity score and statistics are easy to understand.
- It is expensive for individuals.
- It has a lack of timezone support and offline tracking.
- Sometimes it may hamper your own time in your device by recording the individual activities.
- Productivity costs $4.5 per user per month.
- The most popular, Professional, is $7 per user per month.
- The most powerful, Expert is $10 per user per month.
Grindstone tracks stretch of time for every work item that is called a time slice. This time tracker would provide the necessary correction of your time records automatically.
It helps to get valuable insights into your business by providing comprehensive and robust reports. It can be considered as the free alternatives of Desktime.
- Time tracking- billable time tracking, project and task-based tracking, timesheet,
- Reminders- automatic reminders, offline access,
- Expense tracking- invoice, expense reports,
- Integrations- Microsoft,
- Deployment- Windows, Android, iOS, Mac
- The software is very flexible and easy to use.
- You can handle multiple tasks on a sophisticated platform.
- The switching between two tasks is easy and fast.
- There is no web app for this software.
- New project entries need time to arrange.
- There need more updates and features.
The price is not specified by the vendor.
Jibble is a free, easy to use time tracking, payroll management, and attendance tracking software. It is suited for all types of business organizations and agencies.
Easy clock-in and out timer works with facial recognition to avoid the false time card entries. It makes time management effortless and effective.
- Time tracking- automatic tracking, time clock app, timesheet,
- Attendance tracking- facial recognition, Geolocation,
- Expense tracking- payroll, invoice, expense analysis, billing,
- Integrations- Microsoft team, Slack,
- Deployment- Windows, Android, iOS, Mac, and Web.
- It is a convenient and configurable application with easy clock-in and out option.
- It helps the administration and HR management with explicit and comprehensible attendance records, reports, and monitoring systems.
- The mobile application is swift and well ended.
- There is no alert system.
- The discontinuity of the internet can affect the application.
- Geolocation needs more improvement.
- Attendance is free for unlimited users.
- Attendance Pro is $2.00 per user per month.
- Desktop Pro is $4.00 per user per month.
Calamari is known for its HR management software. It has two modules; clock-in/clock-out and leaves management. It helps the administration and HR to control and support the employees.
You can apply it for multi-country and multilingual organizations. It can be accessed from anywhere and anytime by the dedicated app and web application.
- Time and attendance tracking- clock-in and out, QR code, project time tracking, timesheet,
- Leave management- absence calendars, attendance tracking with iBeacon technology,
- Integrations- Slack, Basecamp, Jira, Asana,
- Deployment- Android, iOS, and Web.
- Attendance and absence tracking is very useful and easy to use.
- The customer support is fast and praiseworthy.
- The UX/UI is very intuitive and user-friendly.
- The mobile version needs to improve for some basic features.
- The Beacon system needs more improvement.
- There are no desktop apps.
UltiPro is an all in one employee management, time tracking, and payroll software. It helps businesses and administration to survey and analyze employee sentiment, performance, and succession.
You can focus on your workforce to ensure maximum engagement, professional growth, and advancement in career. UltiPro can be one of the best solutions for Desktime Alternatives.
- Time tracking- touchscreen and standard time clock, billable and non-billable hours tracking,
- Employee engagement- goal and performance management, recognition tracking,
- Payroll- direct deposit, payroll reporting, tax compliance,
- Integrations- Accio Data, Achievers, Activpayroll, etc.
- Deployment- Android, iOS, and Web.
- The software is easy to navigate. The demo and supportive videos are available.
- It is helpful for tax management, benefit calculation, employee management, and others.
- It has a wide range of reporting facilities.
- The compensation module is hard to use.
- There are many plans for this software. But if you choose the wrong one, you cannot restore the information to move to the right one.
- The time clock tool is challenging to use.
Contact with the UltiPro team to get the price.
Float is helpful for resource scheduling, multi-project planning, forecasting, capacity management, and time tracking. You can measure employees’ capacities of work, plan their day, and forecast the project budget.
It is useful for small and large agencies, business organizations, and companies. You can choose it as one of the best DeskTime alternatives.
- Time tracking- team time tracking, billable hours tracking, timesheet,
- Resource scheduling- tasks and time-off scheduling, easy drag-and-drop,
- Multi-project planning- plan project based on real-time availability, project budget,
- Integrations-Slack, Zapier, Google Calendar,
- Deployment- Android, iOS, and Web.
- The software is configurable and easy to use.
- Capacity management is very useful and rich in features.
- The multi-project handling system is handy to use.
- The moving or splitting of tasks is tough to do.
- There needs a view of the daily schedule for a better understanding.
- The dashboard needs improvement.
- Resource planning costs $5 per user per month.
- Resource planning+time tracking costs $10 per user per month.
ManicTime ensures that every business owner and personnel are on track with their purpose. You can be updated with the current status, insights, and progress of your organization. It is suitable for business organizations and freelancers.
It tracks the working hour automatically. If you don’t want the automatic system, use the stopwatch for manual operation. It can record the application you use and the website you visit.
- Time tracking- automatic timekeeping, stopwatch, offline tracking,
- Attendance tracking- vacation and leave tracking,
- Reports- timesheet, payroll reports,
- Integrations- Jira, GitHub, etc.
- Deployment- Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, and Web.
- It helps to make accurate billing by scanning the bills.
- The UI is simple and easy to use.
- The timesheet shows only the billable hours, which is helpful.
- The integrations are very limited.
- The free edition supports limited features.
- The mobile version is a little bit problematic to use.
- Free with very limited features.
- Pro is $67 per user per year.
If you want to find a smart solution to manage your small business, Timesheets.com can be a great option. It may provide you all the basic and advanced services of time and expense tracking, human resources, reports, and others.
It may also prompt the individual and freelancers to run their business without any charge. This app is flexible and user friendly.
- Time tracking- time clock, billable hours tracking, GPS time tracking,
- Mileage and expense- expense tracking, reports, bonus, and commission calculation,
- Human resource- employee performance documentation, audit trial, staff communication,
- Integrations- QuickBooks, Sage, Paychex, etc.
- Deployment- Android, iOS, and Web.
- Timesheet management is very useful.
- The time clock format is very handy.
- The payroll payment is faster and easier.
- The software is a little bit expensive.
- Billable hours tracking should be improved.
- The performance of the software with heavy data is slow.
- Freelancer is free for one user.
- The Standard is $4.50 per user per month.
- Nonprofit is $3.60 per user per month.
10. Time Doctor
Source: Time Doctor
Time Doctor can be one of the useful replacement of DeskTime. It provides time tracking, increases employee focus, and focuses on productivity analysis.
The employees’ timesheet analytics aids an extra level in the monitoring system. It enables a complete set of employee monitoring.
- Time tracking- project time tracking along with automatic tracking,
- Employee monitoring- screenshots, video recording, keyboard and mouse activity tracking, app and web tracking,
- Reports-activity, time, productivity, app and Web used reports,
- Integrations- Jira, Asana, Trello, Zoho, Slack, etc.
- Deployment- Windows, Linux, Android, Mac, iOS, and Web.
- It has a pop-up alert if any user would sit idly or waste time.
- The productivity analysis features and reports are handy.
- It offers comprehensible reports that can be exported to CSV or XLS format.
- It is more suited to the team than the individuals.
- The customization service is not up to the mark.
- The mobile version needs improvement.
- Basic costs $7 per user per month.
- The Standard is $10 per user per month.
- Premium costs $20 per user per month.
Workpuls helps business organizations with automatic time tracking and employee monitoring to attain powerful productivity. It can be a successful DeskTime alternative.
The activity and time mapping help eliminate human error, provide insightful project reports, and easy scheduling.
- Time tracking- automatic time tracking, real-time project-based tracking,
- Employee monitoring- apps and URLs tracking, screenshots, activity tracking,
- Productivity- reports, productivity tracking, and labeling,
- Integrations- Citrix, Vmware, etc.
- Deployment- Windows, macOS, and Web.
- The time estimation and tracking are overwhelming and useful.
- The interface is very convenient for customization.
- You can get an instant alert system and updates.
- The dashboard is quite difficult to use.
- There are some limited features.
- The interface design should be more user-friendly.
- Employee monitoring costs $6 per user per month.
- Time tracking is $8 per user per month.
- Automatic time mapping is $15 per user per month.
- Enterprise is customizable.
DeskTime has its proficiency in automatic tracking. However, each of the DeskTime alternatives is powerful and has distinct qualities to replace the DeskTime.
From them, my suggestion would go for Apploye most because it has fairness with its features and price. As a user of Apploye, It grabs the utmost satisfaction of ours.
Let us know which app has been on your list. Don’t forget to share your experience.