Are you interested to learn the TimeCamp alternatives? TimeCamp is a famous time tracking and productivity analyzing software in the time tracking market.
If you are busy, jump to #1
Finding out the best software solution, especially in the ever-growing time tracking software, is tricky.
The problem is, if you are a meticulous person who is highly picky, then the task is even more arduous!
But this selectiveness is crucial if you contemplate affording one advanced time tracker for your business. Time tracking software helps your business grow from the inside and helps flourishing businesses by generating data conducive to deducing insightful information.
That's why you can't help but be selective to win the game at the very outset.
There is no doubt regarding the efficacy of TimeCamp, simply it’s one of the best in the market. A robust employee time tracking program is imperative for small firms, and this is where TimeCamp may offer support.
Timecamp has many features that help small firms manage their teams better. A small business expert, TimeCamp, didn’t leave any stone unturned to excel in larger scale. Yet, replaceable alternatives are available in the market.
Here, you can find the top 15 TimeCamp alternatives suggestions with their details and reviews.
- BQE Core
- Time Doctor
• Proejct: Project budget and task tracking
• Monitoring employees: activity tracking, screenshots, GPS location tracker apps and URLs tracking
• Management: Payroll Invoicing, client management
• Reporting:summary or detailed reports, rounding, app, and web usage reports
• Expense tracking: payroll, invoice.
• Time tracking: stopwatch, multiple billing rates, timesheets, billable and non-billable hours.
• Team collaboration: task management, planning, chatting, notification, scheduling,
• Time tracking: timer, customize timesheet
Small Office: $10/user/month
• Team management: team planning, scheduling,
• Time tracking: automatic tracking, timesheet, project, and team time tracking
• Pomodoro timer, document title track,
• Screenshots, project tracking,
• Revenue tracking, invoicing
• Employee monitoring : alerts, idle time detection, screen activity recording,
• Time tracking: timesheet, automatic and offline tracking
• Time tracking: flexible tracking. timesheet, timecards,
• Expense tracking: invoicing, receipt capture, automatic billing
• Team communication alerts, task management, file sharing,
• Project and revenue tracking,
• Workflow management: reports, predictability, calendar management,
Business: $5/user/month(minimum 5 users)
• Employee monitoring : idle time tracking, alerts, productivity analysis,
• Time tracking: timesheet, mobile time tracking, vacation and leave tracking
Enterprise: For Large Businesses
• Project management and budgeting,
• Reports, alerts, activity level,
• Online timesheet and payroll
• Autotracker, reporting,
• Team scheduling and management,
Starter: $10/ user/month
Enterprise: Contact Vendor
• Automatic time mapping,
• Employee monitoring, stealth mode
Time tracking: $10/user/month
Automatic time mapping: $15/user/month
• Customizable reports and project,
• Time approval, lock time editing, roles, and permission,
Server: Beta Solution
• Project and team management,
• Revenue tracking, invoicing,
• Receipts attachment, unit pricing, record payments.
Let's start with TimeCamp itself before going on to its alternatives.
TimeCamp is a popular time-tracking program tool that helps businesses increase their efficiency, track remote workers, and oversee client billing. TimeCamp is compatible with a wide range of programs for integration and has add-on features for more usage.
It has come up with a time tracking solution helping small, medium, and extensive business endeavours in continuity. It provides a smart system to monitor the team workflow.
The pricing of TimeCamp is sensible enough compared to the features it provides. Here is the list of pricing:
· Free: for unlimited users
· Basic: $7/user/month
· Pro: $10/user/month
· Enterprise: contact vendor
We all know that you're not irreplaceable no matter how good you are, right?
From the customer's points of view and some renowned review platforms, we have gathered feedback regarding the efficacy of TimeCamp. We found some inconveniences in the app from those angles.
Here are some of them which might insist you think twice before applying TimeCamp and looking for a competent alternative.
- Some users complained against the mobile app of TimeCamp as it is not fully capable of capturing the data and results in data loss due to the sluggishness of the app. It's an issue worth concerning for companies with employees with many cellphone activities. The report section in the mobile app is the culprit, they said.
- Users felt that the customer service of TimeCamp should be more prompt to respond to the inconveniences faced by them.
- Some of the users raised their concern regarding the pricing of TimeCamp as they said it's a bit high.
- A few users found the report section not updating with time while the timer was running. They also found some miscalculations in overall work time.
- According to a few users, the user interface is a bit slow, which might be an issue worth concerning. They said the webpage of TimeCamp takes comparatively more time while loading.
We do consider the review of the current or past users of the tool we are going to avail. Let's take a closer look at a few of the negative TimeCamp encounters people have had.
One of the best time tracking software in the market, Apploye is unique in its own way to create significant impacts across companies through providing top-notch services.
Apploye is indeed a simple service that allows remote teams, big businesses, and freelancers to track time and improve efficiency. We are calling Apploye the best and #1 alternative of TimeCamp due to the expertise and promises it has shown to date.
It has some of the most remarkable features any organization owner would fancy. It provides you with advanced features from payroll to invoice generation.
One of the scintillating reasons people love Apploye so much is its unbelievably smooth user interface and web page.
It's a handy, user-friendly, and optimized solution for any organization owner to whom increasing workplace productivity is now the number one concern.
It is a very common question for those who are looking for an alternative to TimeCamp. Now, we are going to narrate how Apploye can be the best choice for TimeCamp alternative.
Usability: Many users have objected to the ease of use of TimeCamp. It is tough to use and needs time to understand the working procedure. On the contrary, Apploye is facile and easy to navigate.
Productivity Survey: TimeCamp doesn’t have any activity tracker that can measure productivity precisely. Apploye provides activity level monitoring with detailed reports. You can overview the productivity level that will boost your focus and increase efficiency.
Pricing: Apploye is more reasonable than TimeCamp. Though TimeCamp has a free version for solo users, the features are limited and not enough for perfect tracking.
Apploye is outstanding as a time tracker because it provides you with-
- The time track, remote track, and field track options of Apploye are what you really need to have full control over your organization.
These features distinguish yourself from the competitors and concurrent companies by providing you with the edge to monitor employees without undergoing any manual hassle.
- Online Timesheet (daily, weekly, Bi-weekly, Monthly) and dashboard to thoroughly record the tracked time.
- Random Screenshots helps you keep your employees committed to their work. This feature allows you to see the performance of the employees in real-time, and every Screenshot shows the activity level and time duration. The screenshots are taken in an interval of 10 minutes.
- Apps and URLs tracking service that assists you in keeping records of the app usage and website visit of the employees.
- Productivity level measurement to acknowledge the efficiency of the employees where the keystrokes and mouse-usage are considered while calculating that.
Project and task management to allocate projects and assign tasks to the people and see the progress. The project feature of Apploye is one of the most comprehensive one you can have around.
It shows you bits and pieces of every project currently running in your company. You can obtain weekly, monthly, and yearly data on your current or former projects. You may also see a summary of the projects based on their cost or duration
- Payroll management that enables you to have access to the versatile payment system.
- GPS location tracker that helps you to supervise the works of the outdoor workers. You may track remote employees and assess their activity precisely with Apploye's mobile app, which features a GPS location tracker. It makes things simpler for the field service and sales teams to keep track of their working hours and location.
- Scheduling employees and tracking employees absent from your workplace.
- A full-fledged reporting system to get the overall performance review of every individual employee.
You will be able to see the amount of time your employees devoted to the work, the activity and non-activity ratio, the usage of the apps, the URLs of the weblinks they visited etc.
Just click the link below to see a demo of how Apploye is going to generate report for you to see what your employees are doing.
Apploye would guide your organization towards a smoother monitoring system where productivity would be far greater than what you have planned and expected.
Windows, Linux, Mac, Android, iOS (Coming Soon)
Solo: $4 per user per month
Standard: $5 per user per month
Premium: $6 per user per month
Elite: $7 per user per month
Note: If you chose the annual plan of Apploye in case of any of the above four offerings, you’ll be able to cut down 50% of your expense.
So, why wait anymore? You can check all the features available in Apploye for free with 10 days free trial.
TMetric is an excellent time tracking tool for keeping track of work in progress and keeping team, cost, and quality under control.
Many businesses benefit from time tracking, project and team management, billing and invoicing, reporting, and time off features. With only one click, you'll have complete control over your job and team.
You can avail the information about your company's profitability and progress through TMetric Remove the burden of time-consuming paperwork and accelerate the work process.
TMetric offers the following features that could be extremely essential for your business to operate in an efficient way.
- Time tracking: The basic time tracking features like timer, timeline, idle timer to detect the idle time and pay the employees accordingly, timesheet for the time calculation of the employees in different bases etc.
- Project management: Project management in the TMetric is capable of breaking down the calculation of the ongoing projects, allocating budgets for the projects, setting billable hours for each project etc.
- Comprehensive Team management: The team management procedure of TMetric is comprehensive in a manner as it covers all the requirements an owner can ask for. There is a screenshot feature, activity calculation, Payroll management and many more.
TMetric is effective in its own way but there are still some limitations that should be noticed before considering it as the TimeCamp alternatives. The report section is not a fully developed one and it should have more advanced features. Again, the service in the mobile platforms is not a well-organized one as the customers raised their fingers towards it.
Linux, Windows, Android, Mac, Chrome, and Web.
Free: with limited features. Professional: $5/user/month. Business: $7/user/month.
For small and midsize teams, Clocko:do provides a versatile, speedy, intuitive, and dependable time tracking system. You can keep track of working hours, break them down into clients, activities, and projects, plan holidays and vacations, and keep track of absences.
The features of Clocko:do are all necessary for the business owners to have full control over the workforce of the organization. You may acquire a credible working hours report detailing you when your staff work and when they take breaks.
Some of the features that you should be considering before bringing Clocko:do to your company are-
- Retrospective time tracking: Time tracking in Clocko:do is intuitive in nature and very friendly. It is without a stopwatch, and you can taste the handiness in tracking time while operating both the web and app versions.
- Approve absences: On the dashboard, you are able to keep track of all open time off requests. Again, you can manage them with a single click and obtain visibility into the remaining vacation days for you and your staff.
- Sensible billing procedure: Clocko:do works well with others and complements your current billing system. Our plugins, the application programming interface (API), or CSV outputs can all be used to connect your software.
Despite all the above-mentioned facts, Clocko:do is not flawless. Its integration system is limited in capability. The employee monitoring system mightn’t suffice everyone’s requirements.
So, though it could be a good alternative to TimeCamp, you have to do further analysis considering the drawbacks it still has.
Android, Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Web
Free: for 1 user.
Paymo is a task and job management tool for small and medium-sized client-based organizations. This system allows remote work and has a single suite that includes project planning, resource scheduling, team collaboration, file proofing, time tracking, and project accounting.
Paymo replaces several tools, allowing you to consolidate all of your diverse data into a single location. It has the potential to boost your organization's assessment capabilities. Improve the employer-employee relationship by increasing transparency.
Here are some of the features that we should discuss about Paymo:
- Rigorous Project Management: The project accounting tool, which allows you to manage expenses, create automated client invoices, and convert proposals into projects, will help you keep track of your finances and be paid on time.
- Systematic Reporting: In Paymo you can export the overall report in different forms including Gantt chart, Kanban board etc. It’s uncommon in most of the time tracking software you will see in the market.
- Timesheet: The timesheet report in Paymo is easily convertible to invoice i.e., you can convert the timesheet report directly to invoice.
- Priority selection option: Paymo has a priority section option under its belt. You can set the priority to any work to express the given emphasis on it.
Many of the users complained that the mobile app of Paymo is a bit slow. The dashboard system of Paymo should be more organized to give a clearer picture to the user and there should be a clickable monthly report.
Windows, Linux, Mac, iOS, Android, and Web
Free: $0/user /month
Small Office: $9.95 / user / month
Using Timely can help you dictate the terms of your business and make time tracking a pleasure. It’s another recommendation for TimeCamp alternatives which gives away a lot of essential features.
The interface of Timely is exquisitely designed to give users a pleasant view of their performance records.
Here are some of the features of Timely that you can consider:
- Memory Tracker: It's a utility that runs in the background on your Mac or PC and secretly takes the notes of every app you use and how long you use it for.
- Extraordinary Customer Support: Timely features a ‘timely’ customer support, helping customers to recover from the problems very quickly. Customers, hence, love the service, Timely provides.
- Efficient Mobile Version: The mobile version of Timely is updated and you can use it without taking any hassle. That’s another thing people love about Timely.
Although Timely may suit many organizations frictionlessly, it is not without limitations. The project section can be improved further to eliminate any trouble. The pricing is a bit high too. So as a TimeCamp alternative, if you consider it, try to compare the features and do a cost-benefit analysis.
iOS, Android, and Web.
Starter: $8/user/month Premium: $14/user/month Unlimited: $20/user/month
One of the finest software in the business of time tracking solutions, Desktime offers a plethora of exceptional features to blow your mind away. It could be a wonderful TimeCamp alternative as it is a modern automatic time tracking software that helps the business organization enlarge growth and productivity.
It typically tracks remote teams, small and medium companies, and freelancers' performance. It's fully automatic software that starts and stops automatically as you turn on/off your computer.
Desktime offers some of the exceptional features that we have said earlier. They are:
- Timesheet and Screenshot: The timesheet is particularly beneficial in this situation because it displays two reports side by side and allows the screenshots to be obscured to protect the user's anonymity.
- Document title track: When your team uses specific programs, you can see the tasks they are working on.
- Team's contacts: You can access your team’s contact information via the software.
- Private time option: It will give your staff a sense of security if they need to perform something unrelated to work during office hours.
The free edition of Desktime might seem a bit limited to the users. Again, for Project tracking, you need manual switching. But the pricing of Desktime is neither so high nor so low.
Windows, Android, Linux, Mac
Lite: free for one user
Pro: $7 per user per month
Premium: $10 per user per month
Enterprise: $20 per user per month
RescueTime offers distraction management, team management, and productivity enhancements in addition to time tracking. This productivity tool has an automatic tracker that doesn't require manual entry, as well as an analytical reporting system, website blocking, real-time alarms, and other useful features.
It’s a very easy to use software and through RescueTime you can track the titles of the documents in every app if you choose to do so.
Some of the most renowned features of RescueTime are as follows:
- Customization: You can customize the way you want to run the organization while taking productivity and non-productivity time into consideration.
- A complete free version: What users really like about RescueTime is that the free version is a very sufficient one to fulfil the requirement one might have initially. So, going for a free trial can enable you to taste many of the wonderful features RescueTime offers to the market.
- Blocking distractions: You could block many distracting websites if you chose to which enables you to reduce the overall distraction in your organization by some margin.
The mobile version is still to improve in RescueTime. The customization category seemed a bit restrictive to some of the users. Yet you can consider RescueTime as a TimeCamp alternative.
Android, iOS, Web.
Source: BQE Core
BQE Core can be considered another TimeCamp alternative as it involves understanding your everyday patterns so that we can be more attentive and effective.
It's a sophisticated app that monitors costs and effort, manages projects, and manages human resources. Scalable timesheets, simple invoicing systems, timecards, and qualified HR administration are all available.
Here are some of the features of BQE Core which we should discuss:
- Single platform operation: As project management, time tracking, and bills and expenses are integrated into one platform, there is no need to switch to a different platform that can significantly cut costs.
- Multifunctional Reporting system: The reporting system in BQE Core is tremendously handy as it provides you with a multitude in the reporting system which enables you to save time while generating and exporting reports.
- Friendly interface: The user interface of BQE Core is supremely professional yet very friendly in approach while using.
The setting up time for BQE Core is an issue for many users as it’s a bit lengthy if not troublesome. The PTO and time off requests are dealt with separately, which can be inconvenient the first few times.
Android, iOS, Web.
$7.95/user/month (You can pay for the features you need.)
Runrun.it simplifies project and task administration, as well as workflow management. It is an internet service that assists professionals in growing their businesses. In a simple dashboard, you may track project progress. It will show you which tasks are still in progress and which tasks require more attention in order to fulfil the deadline.
This program can be used by marketing departments, consulting firms, IT firms, advertising firms, and a variety of other businesses.
Here are some of the features that you would love to see if you want Runrun.it as a TimeCamp alternative.
- Predictability feature: It could be a unique selling point for Runrun.it as they offer the predictability feature via which you can predict the time within which any project shall be completed.
- Learning Resources: The Runrun.it application provides you with so many learning resources which helps you to enrich your mind.
- Integration: Runrun.it could be integrated with Zapier, Trello, Google Calendar and many other reputed software.
The report section in runrun.it is a bit complicated which is a concern for the users. The manual time entry could be complex too. Again, some users have complaints against the project management as that is not so user friendly.
iOS, Android, Web.
Free: Upto 5 users.
Business: $8/user/month (5 users minimum)
Enterprise: $25/user /month
Wrike strives for workplace integrity, effectiveness, and teamwork. It ensures the highest level of data security and gives you complete control of the information. You can ensure that your remote staff are fully integrated with your company without having to worry about it.
As a result, it provides industries with powerful and versatile project management and staff surveillance tool.
Here are some of the features of Wrike if you want it as a TimeCamp alternative.
- All-round project management: The project management system in Wrike is a lovable feature for any user. Its intuitive, simple, and easy-to-use. It covers all basics of the project management just like any other advanced time tracking software in the industry.
- Great Reporting System: Wrike offers a very sensible reporting system which is comprehensive in nature. It also covers every basic of reporting.
- Integration: Wrike offers some excellent integration partners such as Salesforce, Tableau, MediaValet, Slack, etc.
If you consider Wrike for a large volume of users, then it might be proven a bit costly compared to other time trackers in the market. Again, some users complained that the user interface isn’t user friendly at all.
Android, Windows, iOS, Mac, Web.
Enterprise: For Larger businesses.
Source: Time Doctor
Timedoctor is renowned for its convenience of installing where neither credit card information nor email verification is required. The employee monitoring and time tracking and Timedoctor manages a full-fledged report for you generated based on the data it collects via all its intelligent features while installed in an organization.
Some of the notable features you should consider while thinking on Timedoctor are:
- Time Tracking & Employee Monitoring: After tracking the overall time and monitoring everything it needs to monitor, Timedoctor creates a synopsis of each project, client, and task. So, It would be very simple to spot patterns with daily and weekly summary email reports which might enable the business owner to generate useful insight for the company.
- Distraction Alerts: Timedoctor ensures that the distraction is as less as possible by alerting the employees through pop-ups if it finds them using distracting materials like Facebook, Instagram, YouTube excessively.
- Customization Options: This is one of the unique things regarding Timedoctor that it takes into consideration the various sizes and patterns of the organizations. Therefore, it offers plethora of options for user and team settings, company and account settings, and email report settings to let you customize the software in your own way.
Yet, a few things are lacking in Timedoctor as some of the users find the software intrusive and frustrating, while a few got irritated seeing the display of an activity bar at the top.
But, we suggest Time doctor as a TimeCamp Alternative because it offers some of the most significant features you won’t like to miss out.
Windows, Android, Mac, iOS.
Basic: $7 per user per month
Standard: $10 per user per month
Premium: $20 per user per month
Being the provider of one of the most refined interfaces you can have around, Toggl offers a handful number of features. It’s another allrounder app that can meet the needs of basic time tracking, which is possible in both online and offline versions. You can afford to use Toggl as a freelancer time tracking app.
** Some of the notable features that you should keep in your mind while choosing Toggl as your TimeCamp alternatives are:**
- Background Tracking: Automatically tracks the apps in background if you use it for more than 10 seconds.
- Time Rounding: Automatically round time entries up or down to the nearest interval of your choice, whether you're tracking seconds, minutes, or 6-minute increments.
- Email Tracking Reminders: It’s a soft nudge to the people in your organization. If some of them didn’t work or track the targeted number of hours, then toggl would remind them via email.
- Project Estimates & Alerts: You can set a warning for every project for yourself to get alerted whenever the time and budget start hitting zero.
One of the main setbacks while using toggl is that your employees can manipulate the system by creating fake time entries. Again, the beginner pack of toggl doesn’t offer a handful number of features to suffice the requirement. Some of the users complained that the user interface is a bit complex to operate.
Windows, Android, iOS, Mac
Free: up to 5 users Starter: $10 per user per month Premium: $20 per user per month Enterprise: Contact vendor
Workpuls, which we recommend as one of the worthy TimeCamp alternatives, claims themselves as a Workforce Analytics for Productivity-Minded Modern corporate teams. It provides services to all sorts of companies like insurance, call centers, law firms, data entry firm etc.
For the following reasons, you may find Workpuls suitable.
- Increase Productivity through Employee Monitoring: Workpuls gives you the edge over the employees as the monitoring through it is more than what you can expect. Computer activity tracking enables you to know exactly what your employees are doing. Regular Screenshots keeps them stuck to their works and Verified Attendance can wipe out the pain of manual clock-in and out.
Optimize the business through Automatic Time Mapping: Precise Project Insights shows you how the teams are utilizing their time to push the progress button further for every project they are assigned to and Without troubling your staff, an automatic time mapper distributes work to projects.
- Secured Historical data: It keeps the past data safe for two years and lets you retrieve it at any time throughout that time.
But GPS tracking, scheduling, and invoicing are still missing. As a result, for many users, it remains an unsuitable option.
Windows, Android, Linux, Mac
Employee monitoring: $8 per user per month
Time tracking: $10 per user per month
Automatic time mapping: $15 per user per month
Everhour promoted itself as a Powerful time tracking solution with hassle-free integrations with different renowned and essential software. The reports generated in Everhour are easily customizable, which allows the business owner to extract the data whenever he needs.
Again, users can keep track of various projects, manage budgets, set alarms, and separate billable and nonbillable hours for different team members using Everhour's central dashboard. Everhour can be used for Startups and small and midsize businesses.
Some of the notable features of Everhour are as follows:
-Effective Task management: Task management in Everhour is really as effective one as you can organize the tasks into sections which is an uncommon feature.
You can even add time estimates to the projects if you want to set a viable target to the teams working under you.
- Visual planning: Now, its another important and exceptional feature in the software. You can see the people’s personal schedule of works and respites so that you know the right time to allocate them the tasks. This would help you to find out who is free and who is busy while allocating sudden tasks or improvising the strategy of work.
- Invoicing: While generating invoices, you can connect to QuickBooks, Xero or FreshBooks for better efficacy via Everhour.
Some of the distraction management features are missing in the Everhour app. The report section isn’t still up to the industry standard as it doesn’t really provide a greater degree of flexibility.
Windows, Android, Linux, Mac
Cloud: $8.50/user /month, starting at 5 users
Server: Beta Solution
👉 Bonus: See the list of best alternatives of Everhour in 2022.
Harvest promises to unleash the full potential of time tracking in your business. It is for Startups, small and midsize businesses.
We are considering Harvest as one of the TimeCamp alternatives as it makes the time tracking and employee monitoring very much convenient and more accessible.
Some of the most useful features that you can gain out of Harvest are as follows:
- Smart Invoicing System: The invoice section of Harvest is really an intriguing one as it’s very simple in nature. You can create invoices, let your clients pay online, get paid fast with Stripe and PayPal integrations.
- Online Timesheet: You may check how much time is spent working, how much budget is remaining, and how much time is billable using an online timesheet.
- Integrations: Harvest’s integration list includes Asana, Basecamp, GitHub, Slack, Chrome, Zapier, Firefox, Microsoft Edge etc.
One of the setbacks in the software is that Notifications can't be configured for a project and time off. Again, some of the very basic features are still unavailable in Harvest which is putting itself a bit backward in the heat of the competition.
Windows, Android, iOS, Mac.
Free: for one seat and 2 projects
Pro: $12 per month per user
👉 Also see the complete review of Harvest and it's alternatives.
Enough of the discussion! We found fifteen alternatives of TimeCamp worth considering implementing. While pros and cons are parts of every software, it’s necessary to focus on what you need the most and what you need the least.
Based on your preferences, requirements and affordability, a selection of the alternatives should be made. It's now your duty to have a cost-benefit analysis to see how this software fit your organization. Note that none of them is perfect nor disgruntled.
Yet we heartily believe that Apploye is the most effective one if you consider bringing one Timecamp alternative to your organization. The features, user experience, customer support and competence of
Apploye is top-notch and giving it a try shouldn't disappoint you. The pricing is also very competitive compared to the features it offers.
Now, the decision is yours. Compare and contrast. See what suits you the best.
We wish you luck from our end!
Apploye is a time tracking and employee monitoring software that helps to ensure teams productivity. This tool has got the most cost-effective plans with premium features.
Want to explore more about Apploye?